To assist physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals with foreign credentials in their educational needs to prepare them for the Canadian health care setting.
Through collaboration and partnership with key stakeholders, the SPFC envisions the efficient integration of physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals with foreign credentials to the Canadian healthcare setting.
In order to promote diversity and unity among PFCs to work together for the common goal of becoming licensed and competent physiotherapists in Canada:
1. To strengthen professional advocacy and representation of PFCs provincially as well as nationally on matters pertaining to policies, standards of practice, and regulation.
2. To continue to be an efficient avenue for the professional growth of PFCs by providing access to skills upgrading through continuing education.
3. To collaborate with other physiotherapy professional organizations and allied medical professionals, universities, and other regulatory bodies to further promote the competencies of PFCs.
4. To utilize social events to promote camaraderie and unity among members and for fundraising purposes.
5. To provide an avenue for community outreach activities both locally and internationally.